A survey conducted by Nextier has shown that Atiku Abubakar, PDP’s presidential candidate is preferred amongst Muslims.
The survey also shows Peter Obi is preferred amongst Christians and the learned.
- 76.2 percent of survey respondents stated that Nigeria is moving in the wrong direction.
- Survey respondents stated that insecurity, bad governance, unemployment, and a weak economy are the most important issues in Nigeria today they want someone to solve.
- Among survey respondents in rural communities in 12 Nigerian states, Peter Obi leads the voting intention at 40.37 percent. Atiku Abubakar is at 26.7 percent while Bola Tinubu is at 20.47 percent.
- Peter Obi has the highest net favourability of the presidential candidates amongst survey respondents at +30 percent. Atiku Abubakar is at +17.3 percent and Bola Tinubu at 4.98 percent. Kwankwaso is at -8.70 percent.
- Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu are preferred by respondents with no educational attainments or people who chose not to disclose their educational status.
- Eight out of ten respondents are definite that nothing will make them change their minds and vote for another candidate
- Survey respondents stated that radio, social media and family/friends are the main channels through which they get information on the different presidential candidates.