Metro News

Four children electrocuted inside container in Ondo

At least four children were electrocuted in Ile Oluji/Okeigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State on Monday.

The spokesperson for the state police command, Funmilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the incident to journalists in Akure, said the children were killed when an electric cable fell on a metal container shop where they were staying.

She said: “Yes we can confirm the death of the four kids. An electric cable fell while they were inside a container. We have commenced investigation into the matter.

“The six children were rushed to the hospital, but there was no sufficient oxygen they could use for them. Four later gave up the ghost. Two others are still receiving treatment in the hospital. The case of the sixth child was not serious as she can walk and talk.”

READ ALSO: Police foils kidnap attempt, rescues nine passengers in Ondo

The Corporate Affairs Manager of the BEDC, Ondo State, Michael Barnabas, described the incident as unfortunate.

He said the incident was fatal because the shop was under the high tension electric cable.

He said: “Sadly, we received information about the electrocution of four little children within our network in Ile-Oluji due to an 11kv line that snapped. As a company, we condole with the families of the children because life is very sacred and should not end prematurely this way.”

The post Four children electrocuted inside container in Ondo appeared first on Latest Nigeria News | Top Stories from Ripples Nigeria.

Share

Leave a Reply