The Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed says its not been easy combining presidential campaign activities with his responsibilities as a sitting Governor.
He however added that his push to get Bauchi on the map at the center is responsible for his interest in the 2023 presidency. He said Bauchi has not been at the forefront of political activities in the country for so long but it’s time to change the narrative. Naija News understands Governor Mohammed spoke on Friday when he played host to members of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), media chiefs, Traders and Artisans Association for a Ramadan fast break at the Bauchi government house. He said: “This Ramadan has been very beneficial, I apologised that I have not been able to do it the way I did it last year because I have had to run up and down trying to be president and at the same time trying to be governor. “It is not easy to be in all places at the same time but I am doing it for you because we have to put Bauchi on the map. “There are some more eminently qualified people to do governorship and presidency in Bauchi. We hid behind for too long and it is time for us to accept with humility and present ourselves so that we can provide services to this country. “We are going to do it with humility and as democrats, whatever happens, it is to the glory of God.” The Governor was part of the presidential aspirants screened on Friday by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). It will be recalled however that two of the 17 aspirants seeking to contest in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential primaries have been disqualified from the exercise. Naija News reports that the two aspirants were disqualified by the PDP Presidential Screening Committee, headed by former Senate President David Mark. Speaking with reporters in Abuja on Friday, Senator Mark disclosed that the committee disqualified the two aspirants seeking its ticket to contest the 2023 presidential election. The former Senate President disclosed that the disqualified aspirants did not meet up with the requirements for the position they were contesting for. He added that the two disqualified aspirants are to forfeit the N40 million each of them paid for the expression of interest and nomination forms.
This article was originally published on Nigeria News